RDMinutes for the discussion on networking
The meeting was chaired by Dr. Shin-ya Yokoyama, who was a chair of the Asian Biomass Association (ABA) Preparation Committee.
(1) The history of networking was introduced by Dr. Yukihiko Matsumura, SETA IPM (International Project Managers) Chair, and it was reported that the decision at the Biomass Asia Forum was approved by the 3rd Biomass Asia Workshop.
(2) The agreement of the Asian Biomass Association and the agenda of the meeting were proposed by Dr. Matsumura. (See Appendix
of the Asian Biomass Association (Ver. 070312) (Proposal)
(3) The agreement was approved with the following amendment.
1. The word gapoliticalh was changed to gnon-politicalh.
(4) The agenda was approved with the following amendment.
3(1) The term of nominating a member for the management committee was changed from gthe end of this monthh to gthe end of April, 2007h.
(5) Dr. Shin-ya Yokoyama was selected as the first chairman of the ABA Steering Committee.
(6) The following was decided.
- The steering committee will set specific positions such as secretary, treasurer, etc. in the management committee in the future.
- The steering committee will set promoter, a person or persons to seek budget, in the management committee in the future.
- The next Biomass Asia Conference will be held in Malaysia.
- The legal position will be given to the ABA. The possibility is to make it an official Non-Profitable Organization (NPO).
- The membership fee should be decided based on not gGDPh, but gGDP per capitah.